Re: Anyone creating programs using the MySQL C api using Cygwin?

Mikael Åsberg wrote:
Hello, I installed a native windows version of MySQL (4.1.18) and tried to compile a C program using the MySQL C API using GCC (version 3.3.3 cygwin special). The program compiles and links without any errors or warnings (maximum warning level, c99-mode) but segfaults near the end. I haven't been able to reproduce the segfault using linux...so my question is: I am silly thinking I could use a native Windows version of MySQL with Cygwin without any problems? I guess I could use MSVC++, of which I own a legitimate copy, but I am trying to use it as little as possible.
Here's the Makefile I used for my simple test program:

It should work with a Cygwin version of MySQL client.

Gerrit -- =^..^=