RE: Cygwin Perl bug -- pod2usage(-verbose => 0) & pod2usage(-verbose => 1)

Two responses merged and reordered for clarity.

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> I replied on this one.

Yup.  My oversight.

> Do you really need to use textmode mounts?

If you mean "do I want Cygwin to understand, use, and generate CRLF line endings
on text files?", then yes I do.  I tried Cygwin Unix line endings years ago, and
it was a fiasco (I use Cygwin all over my Windoze box, not just in the C:\cygwin
tree).

> Everything works ok when the Cygwin installation is on binmode
> mounted directories.
> Nope, sorry, too fast.  The attached scripts are not working
> regardless which mounttype you're on.
> Could you please send your report to the pod-people list:
> http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=pod-people
> Since it is part of the main perl distribution, you could also file a
> bug in the bugtracking system, see `perldoc perlbug` or:
> http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.4/bin/perlbug.html

Done.

Thanks!

David