Re: update on hyperthreading system for cgf

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:16:51PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Hasn't anyone put together a nice $400 system?

How about $417.50?

http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishR.asp?ID=1251752

You need to provide the hard drive, CD-ROM drive, floppy drive, keyboard, mouse, and operating system.

Well, yeah.  I sort of need a hard disk, though and is that system
*guaranteed* to exhibit this problem?

cgf

I have been able to reproduce this on a variety of machines, the only common attribute that I noticed has been Hyperthreading itself (WinXP/WinServer2003, 2.6GHz P4-HT/2.8GHz P4-HT/Dual 3.2GHz Zeon-HT, 40Gig Mitsubishi harddrive/36G Western Digital/80 Gig HP, with or without a CD-ROM drive, with or without a floppy). I unplugged my mouse and was able to reproduce it. I unplugged the monitor and reproduced it over remote desktop connection.

So, at this point, I would believe that any HT machine running at least WinXP would show the problem.

-Rolf