Re: Problem uninstalling/deleting cygwin

> > It says: "x cannot be deleted. Access denied. Maybe the source file is
> > opened" (maybe this translation from german is bad, but I saw it
> > before, so you'll recognize it).
>
> Does any process have this file opened? Try using Process Explorer from
> SysInternals.com.

Process Explorer doesn't show anything (I looked for the handle
"cygwin.old", i.e. the top level dir). I killed any process that I could
(including explorer) and stopped AntiVir, Apache and mysql. No change.

Anyway, those stale links cannot be accessed as files at all. I can only
see them using "ls" or apply chmod/chown on them. Nothing else. If I try
"cat file", it says "No such file or directory". File zombies.