Re: pthreads leaks handles and threads when threads use sockets

Mark Pizzolato schrieb:
I've been using clamav's clamd under cygwin and noticed that over time the handle count as viewed with TaskManager seems to grow to arbitrary values. I used clamd's option IdleTimeout set to 600 seconds which dramatically reduced the growth rate of the Handle Count. Of course clamd has many things going on that could contribute to handle leakags, so I tried to write a simple program to demonstrate the problem.

Thanks a lot! Maybe we should restart the two daemons daily or weekly?

I will change the default IdleTimeout to 600 secs with the upcoming clamav-0.81 release. Which fixes the freshclam proxy problem and some OLE issues.

But I need some more time (with the postgresql-8.0 release also), because we are just moving our office and so I'm loaded with work.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/