Re: where do I find these unresolved symbols

At 04:07 AM 2/1/2005, Mirko wrote:

During the linking phase I am getting an error message about unresolved symbols. I am a bit puzzled about some of them (tcl/tk, xpm) because I believe that I am pointing to the correct libraries (so much about my knowledge of pointing to libraries), and baffled by others, as I don't have a clue where they may be coming from.

I am attaching the output of the linker separately, but here is a breakdown of the errors:

___getreent

_sind, _cosd (I do have -lm on the command line)

_Tcl_Eval, Tcl_Create_Command (funny, but I find the first one in the libtcl.a, not the second)

_Tk_NameToWindow (I do have -ltcl, -ltk, and I believe -L is set correctly on the command line)

_BXG_Write_2,3D (What library does this belong to?)

_XpmWriteFromPixMap (I have the Xpm-NoWindows package, but I don't see any libxpm.a on the system, only s,cxpm.exe)

I am using the most recent version of all the packages (sorry, I don't have the output of cygcheck with me right now)

Clues? comments (like go away, and don't bug us :-)

A little work with nm *.a|grep whatever should help you figure out a better link order. Only you or the author of the code would have a clue about some of the more unusual functions you call. If sind/cosd are what I think they are, they should be trivial for you to write yourself in terms of standard library functions.

Tim Prince