Re: Can't cd into directory

(Please reply to the mailing list, not me directly).

acidblue wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To: "acidblue" <acidrex@earthlink.net>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 7:26 AM
Subject: Re: Can't cd into directory

acidblue wrote:

acidblue wrote on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 9:18 AM:

I'm using the following syntax:
cd '/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings'
I get a " No such file or directory" message.
cygwin on WinXP installed to C:/

I get this message no matter which directory I try to cd
into. Driving me nuts Please help.

<Joerg.Schaible@Elsag-Solutions.com> To: <cygwin@cygwin.com> Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 12:26 AM Subject: RE: Can't cd into directory

Please post output of
mount -p

Sure thing:

acidblue@xpbox ~
$ mount -p
Prefix              Type         Flags
/cygdrive           system       binmode

acidblue@xpbox ~
$

You should probably double check the pages found here:

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

in the Using Cygwin document. Probably you have a problem with
the mount table.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Amazing Developments       http://www.buddydog.org

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages. -
 William H. Mauldin

Ok I read the documents suggetsed and I am confused on how to mount my c drive.
could some one give me the right syntax,
'cause 'mount -s /c and mount -s c:\ won't work

Yes, those are not the correct commands. You need to tell it both the win32 path and the posix path:

mount -s c:\\ /c

Assuming you're using the bash shell, you need to escape the first
'\' in the path.

But normally, if you cygdrive is /, you should have this already. Again,
check out the Problems report page, and try posting a new question, with
all the necessary info.

http://cygwin.com/problems.html