Re: RXVT copy/paste behavior

Dave Korn <dave.korn <at> artimi.com> writes:

> [...]
I agree on this one as well. Also the middle-mouse button is a pain, as it has
become a lot more sensitive since scroll wheels, and it happened to me many
times to "paste and scroll" which many times wasted my paste effort :(

>   Destroying user data without any kind of confirmation, are-you-sure, or
> requiring a difficult-to-type-accidentally key-combination (such as ctrl-c) is
> an appallingly incompetent piece of UI design.  It's like having a pistol
> without a safety catch, or an ICBM without a dual-key control.

No. That would be just annoying to confirm every time you want to copy something
:P

>   Real experts operate a computer with one hand on the mouse and one on the
> keyboard *at the same time* anyway.  This makes it very easy to do selecting,
> cutting and pasting.  And under 'doze, you can also use a right-click over the
> selected area to bring up a menu with cut, copy and paste options.  You don't
> *have* to use the keyboard if you don't find it more efficient.

This one I agree fully!