1.5.13-1 setup does not complete

When I try to install the latest cygwin (this is my first time trying to install it), it downloads the list of mirrors fine. But then no matter which mirror I choose, it gets about 80% done before displaying this message in an alert box:

(null) line 6: syntax error, unexpected LT, expecting $end

It doesn't matter whether I try to install straight from internet or download first, the same thing happens. I looked on the mailing list, and could not find anyone having this problem when installing (there are similar problems after installing) so any help is appreciated.

--brad g.