sshd.exe unable to locate ... cygcrypt-0.dll

Under XP Pro I have all current cygwin components installed. For about the last week ot so, every time I boot, *before* I even log in as any user, a warning window pops up with something to the effect in the title bar:
sshd.exe - Unable to Locate Component
and the window contains something to the effect:
The application has failed to start because cygcrypt-0.dll was not found.

/bin/cygcrypt-0.dll does exists.

I do not see any cygwin utilities in my startup folder and have not introduced an special .bat commands, etc. I do not understand why any of these utilties are being loaded even before pulling up cygwin, much less before logging in.

Three times I have Reinstalled all cygwin components that I think have reinstalled everything to do with ssh and crypt (the last time I even Reinstalled base), but nothing helps.

I have cygwin on two Thinkpads/XP Pro, and only one machine is having this problem.

Thanks.

Lester