GCC header libraries ... ?

All,

Sorry if this is a newb question, but I am somwhat new to Cygwin and trying
to write / compile programs using GCC. One thing I noticed is that when I
try to compile code from others, I seem to be missing some header libraries.

For example, in one recent program:

#include <arpa/nameser.h>

I have had others tell me that on their native Linux installs, they have the
nameser.h library -- so it seems to be just me (using Cygwin) that is having
the issue.

My question is: if I run into this situation (1) what is the best way to
find and get the needed libraries, (2) is there something within the Cygwin
installer or docs that tells me what libraries are installed with what
package, etc?

Thanks for the help-

Jake