Re: Using shutdown-1.6-1 does not seem to shutdown!!!

On Apr 22 21:37, Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> I have tried shutdown-1.6-1. Now it seems to work in the sense that
>
>    shutdown now
>    shutdown 5
>     ...     30
>     etc.
>
> starts the procedure of shutdown, i.e. disconnets the user, saves the
> configuration... . When it seems it is being to turn off the PC, Windows
> says (in low resoultion)
>
>     Now it is possible to turn off the computer

Thanks for the report.  This only happens on Win2K apparently.  On XP
and 2K3 the system powers off as one would expect.  However, the
InitiateSystemShutdown function is the better choice usually because
it allows to warn all users and to abort the shutdown.

I've uploaded a new version of shutdown which allows to use ExitWindowsEx
on NT systems by giving the -x option to shutdown.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.