Re: Strange-Dangerous behaviour in Cygwin

I have not understand what I should to do.

In any case, I am conforted that there is someone who oberve the some
symptoms!

I think that the problems arise from recent upgrades that now I cannot
single out.

It is as if something has changed in the configuration.

The problems are not specific to xterm but they are present also in bash
shell (the link on the Desktop).

When "rm -i" or "cp -i" or "mv -i" ask to confirm something, one cannot
correct the first answer with BACKSPACE.

Today I was removing a file that really I do not
(I have alias rm='rm -i'):

   $ rm myprog.F90
   rm: remove regular file `myprog.F90'? y

but befor the RETURN I see that myprog.F90 should not be removed, so I
corected with BACKSPACE "y" in "n". When I controlled

   $ ls -lrt

I noted that myprog.F90 was removed!!!

-What happens? I esclamed! I tried with other examples and discovered that
BACKSPACE does not delete the previous character (y in this case) but it
only moved the cursor as a LEFT key.

Then I discovered that  the cursor can walk for the
window with the arrow keys (U,D,L,R).

angelo.