Re: Help with error in vi and man

On 5/7/05, Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 06:27:59PM -0600, Trevor Osatchuk wrote:

> >> Run the cygwin version of vim, i.e., /usr/bin/vim?  You're obviously
> >> running some other version.  "which vim" would probably show which
> >> version you're running.
> >>
> >Obviously is a strong word!  Which vim yeilds /usr/bin/vim.  I have
> >seen these symtoms in other posts, though no solutions.
>
> Ok.  Perhaps your terminfo installation is screwed up or nonexistent.
>
> If you're scouring old posts then maybe you've come across the concept
> of following the instructions at http://cygwin.com/problems.html , as
> has already been sugested.  These instructions would help you send
> problems in such a way that we wouldn't have to guess about things like
> what version of vim you're running or whether you even have terminfo
> installed.

I apologize for not sending the expected information and format.  LART accepted.

I am running CYGWIN_NT-5.1, I got that from uname.

I think that terminfo may in fact be the correct diagnosis.  I found a
symlink of terminfo in /lib where terminfo was pointing to
../share/terminfo.  There is no /share directory.  If you look in my
cygcheck.out you will find that terminfo 5.4_20041009-1 is listed as
installed.  So, is my installation of terminfo broken?  What do  I
need to do to fix it?

Thanks!

fybar