Re: Fixing strace and cygcheck so that they work with mount -X

On 10-May-2005 17:17, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 09:19:14PM +0200, Michael Schaap wrote:
>

>>On 9-May-2005 19:22, David Rothenberger wrote:
>>

>>>Does cygstart also need to be fixed? I've found that it doesn't
>>>propagate the full Cygwin environment when /bin is mounted in cygexec
>>>mode.
>>>
>>>% cygstart -- /bin/rxvt -e bash -c "'env; read x'"
>>>
>>>prints out a small set of environment variables when /bin is mounted
>>>in cygexec. When /bin is mounted normally, it gets the full environment.
>>>

>>Well, cygstart is a proper Cygwin executable. However, it does use a
>>Windows API call (ShellExecute, see "cygstart --reference") to execute
>>whatever needs to be started, so I can see how it might depend on a
>>properly synchronized Windows environment.
>>
>>If anyone can tell me how to do this, I'll be happy to make the change
>>to cygstart.
>>

>This shows what I did to cygcheck:
>
>http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/winsup/utils/cygcheck.cc.diff?cvsroot=uberbaum&r1=1.65&r2=1.66
>
>It's possible that the environment code may just work.  Otherwise,
>you'll have to grab the environment from cygwin and build a new
>environment block, I assume.

Well, I gave it a try, but no success.
Since cygstart is a proper Cygwin executable, and cygcheck a normal
Windows one, the code needs to be quite different.  And my knowledge of
either Cygwin or Windows internals is not enough to write this myself.
So, any additional help would be appreciated.

Thanks anyway,

 - Michael