Re: Updated: tetex-3.0.0-3 - now missing texi2html which is *mandatory* for Cygwin DLL build

At 11:01 PM 5/11/2005, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Shaddy Baddah wrote:
>> It seems that texi2html has dropped out/moved out of the binary package.
>> Is this deliberate? Where should I look for it now?
>
>Sorry if this seems like impatience, but I am not sure I captured the
>severity of this problem in my original email... and since response has
>been a little mute, I may have been at fault.
>
>The Cygwin DLL build has a dependency on texi2html, which was available
>as recently in tetex-bin-2.0.2-15.
>
>It seems to have been left out of tetex-bin-3.0.0-3. It is not an
>installation problem local to me. Check out
>http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=texi2html and you will
>notice that it is not in tetex-bin-3.0.0-3, or any other binary package
>that it may have moved to.
>
>As it is required (or semi-required if you are happy to workaround the
>particular make targets that use it) for the build of the Cygwin DLL, I
>don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that it would be
>considered a critical bug.
>
>Looking forward to a tetex-3.0.0-4 package release soon.

Why wait?  Just download 'tetex-bin-2.0.2-15', 'bunzip2' it, and extract the
executable from there using 'tar'.  If you had previously installed that
version on your machine, you can skip the downloading and just go straight
to your local package directory for it.  And, of course, there's always the
source if you just have to have a version which you cannot get from anywhere
else.

Holliston, MA 01746