RE: More: Recent increase in size

[snip]
> > ... but maybe there's some huge directory come into being?
>
> I mean (sorry to bang on) has /bin/ always contained ~1700
> files at 269M; and /lib/ ~500 files at 164M? (I've only
> noticed because I'm looking.)

This, I don't know.  I only have ~500 files in /bin, and that of course will
vary depending on what packages are installed.

> (And what is the consequence for memory usage when the
> virtual directories /usr/bin/ and /usr/lib/ are created on startup?)

This I do: Those are just mount table entries.  Memory usage won't change
regardless of the number or size of files in the directory a Cygwin mount
table entry points to.  So there's no consequence there.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle