Re: Is pthread_attr_setschedparam() not supported?

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On May 22 15:04, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

And why is this in /usr/include/sys/features.h:87 then:
# define _POSIX_THREAD_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING    1
?

Yup, you're right, I just replied without looking into the source first (which, btw., is always a good way of figuring stuff out by yourself, really).

pthread_attr_setschedparam is supported and ENOTSUPP is returned if the
sched_priority member is not in the range -14 - 15.

What is the difference between 14 and 15?  I see in the NSRP source that
it is hardcoded to 10 for Neutrino systems, what do you think is better,
set it to 14 or to 15?

Actually it is the NSPR - Netscape Portable Ryntime. I guess one of the two values indicates a higher priority, anyway, if I hardcode the return value it should be the same to define it with 14 or 15.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=