Re: Serious performance problems (new snapshot has some performance improvement)

There is no reason to expect any improvement in mingw programs from my
change.

Yeah i figured that one out. ;)

I was just trying to rationalize the change that I did show in the original report. My timings don't show great improvement, and a 1 second margin of error due to windows caching does not make it look that much better. Perhaps there is something else to account for the difference.

The patch saved 6 +/- 1 second from the execution of the unopimized testcase.
the most interesting numbers are
Old DLL: 19.60 seconds
snapshot DLL: 13.32 seconds
Mingw: ~3 seconds.

OT: I wonder what the performance is like with Interix (Windows Services for UNIX 3.5). Do they have a similar showdown problem?