Re: I have user mounts instead of system ones.

Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> My point was simply that the information you provided so far didn't have
> any of the needed details to track down this problem.  I wasn't trying to
> debate you.  But since you have now stated that your goal is to just report
> the problem, I will refrain from trying to engage you further on this issue
> of yours.  If anyone else has a similar problem, at least your report will
> be in the archives and perhaps they can fill in the needed details to
> actually track down the cause.  Until then, like you said, we have your
> report.  If you're interested, you can keep an eye on this list to see if
> something surfaces that might be relevant to this problem you're seeing.

Will you help me sort out the real problem(s) bit by bit?

One of the problems is how to get rid of the user mount on my
Windows Server 2003.

root@Zeus ~
$ mount -m
mount -f -s -b "C:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts"
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts"
mount -f -s -b "C:/cygwin/bin" "/usr/bin"
mount -f -s -b "C:/cygwin/lib" "/usr/lib"
mount -f -s -b "C:/cygwin" "/"
mount -f -s -b "a:" "/a"
mount -f -s -b "c:" "/c"
mount -f -s -b "d:" "/d"
mount -f -s -b "e:" "/e"
mount -f -s -b "f:" "/f"
mount -f -s -b "h:" "/h"
mount -f -s -b "i:" "/i"
mount -f -s -b "j:" "/j"
mount -s -b --change-cygdrive-prefix "/cygdrive"

root@Zeus ~
$

tsfu@Zeus ~
$ mount -m
mount -f -s -b "C:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts"
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts"
mount -f -s -b "C:/cygwin/bin" "/usr/bin"
mount -f -s -b "C:/cygwin/lib" "/usr/lib"
mount -f -s -b "C:/cygwin" "/"
mount -f -s -b "a:" "/a"
mount -f -s -b "c:" "/c"
mount -f -s -b "d:" "/d"
mount -f -s -b "e:" "/e"
mount -f -s -b "f:" "/f"
mount -f -s -b "h:" "/h"
mount -f -s -b "i:" "/i"
mount -f -s -b "j:" "/j"
mount -u -b --change-cygdrive-prefix "/cygdrive"
mount -s -b --change-cygdrive-prefix "/cygdrive"

tsfu@Zeus ~
$

mount -u -b --change-cygdrive-prefix "/cygdrive"

What do I do to get rid of this user mount, please? I've tried umount
-U with root and also tsfu. But I turns out to see this user mount
there afterwards.

Thanks.

Jason