Re: Re: Error piping data through a cygwin command using rsh (write system call fail)

On Jun 10 11:06, Johnny B. Goode wrote:
> Also, the data leaves gzip without problems when piped through the pipeline
> program, and the pipeline program then gets the error instead, which
> indicates to me, that the error is not in the gzip program. It must be in
> the system code behind the write call (since write actually returns a return
> value that is not legal compared to the write call man page).

Thanks for the testcase.  It took some time to reproduce it (actually
the error occured with quite different result on my machine) and to track
it down, but I think I have found the culprit, an uninitialized variable
in the socket sendto/sendmsg code.  After having initialized it to 0, I'm
now unable to get your example to fail.
Or better: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#WJFFM :-)

Could you please try the next snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
to see if it solves the problem for you?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.