Re: gcc 3.4.4 optimization problem (was Re: Negative stats from rsync with 20050610 snapshot)

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 02:33:32PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I did a little more debugging on this and it seems like, in this case at
>least, the problem is that the newlib code is wrong.  Compiling it with
>-Wstrict-aliasing revealed a problem.  Correcting the strict aliasing problem
>seems to make rsync work better.  There are also two other strict error
>warnings in newlib which I'll fix.

I've generated a new snapshot which seems to fix these problems and I've
sent the patches to the newlib mailing list:

http://cygwin.com/ml/newlib/2005/msg00334.html

The patch for vfprintf.c is the change that made a difference for rsync.
As I type this, I wonder if the changes to ldtoa actually accomplish
anything.  It's possible that I just shuffled thing around there and did
nothing useful.

cgf