Re: Any chance to get Apache 2.0.xx working on cygwin?

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 07:50:59AM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
>Andreas Eibach wrote:
>>This is VERY bad.  You can only search for "Apache and 2 and 0 and 54",
>>but not for apache and 2.0.54 (read 2 dot 0 dot 54 _in this order_).
>>Quotes aren't accepted either; I think as the mailing lists archives
>>are that important and used so much, there should at least be an exact
>>match.  No user wants to delve through 500 or 1000 messages with 450 or
>>950 of them irrelevant.  (Rant over.)
>
>The htdig on cygwin.com is pretty bad.  I always use google to search
>the archives.  You can do this easily with a query of:

Suggestions for improving ht::dig's configuration on sourceware.org are
always welcome over at overseers at sourceware dot org.

>site:cygwin.com inurl:cygwin inurl:ml <query words here>
>
>You can even use more "inurl:"s to restrict by year/month since those
>are part of the URL.  In addition, the list is archived at many other
>places, all of which have searches.  Three that come to mind are
>gmane.org, marc.theaimsgroup.com, and mail-archive.com.

I'm glad that someone finally suggested this.  I think a few more
messages along these lines would have surely kick started a mean
response from me.

Maybe google wasn't around in B19 days...

cgf