This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin and firewalls
- From: Andrew Schulman <andrex at alumni dot utexas dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:03:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin and firewalls
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I am wondering if there is a firewall that coexists with Cygwin well.
> IIRC, there were complaints about Norton software and about some other
> firewalls too. What would you recommend me?
> I ask because I've never had to use firewall before (my home box is behind
> NAT in a secure network) and I have no experience with Windows firewalls.
> I've just bought a laptop and a firewall seems to be necessary in this
Why is this a Cygwin question? A firewall is a firewall. Network
applications, both Cygwin and non-Cygwin, have to deal with it. I don't
know what a Cygwin-hostile firewall would look like.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html