Re: Any chance to get Apache 2.0.xx working on cygwin?

Max Bowsher wrote:

Andreas Eibach wrote:

*Please ANYONE*: anyone who has this 2.0.xx thing running _successfully_ on
cygwin, please report back here. Maybe I can learn a bit of nifty tricks
from you :)

As I said in the recent thread "Apache DSO modules under Cygwin", I'm quite happily running Apache 2 under Cygwin. With the addition Subversion modules, no less. Keep an eye out on cygwin-apps, after this most recent burst of interest, I've bumped finishing off the half-made package I've had for a while up my todo list. Package is building right now, actually. *crosses fingers, hopes for no build errors*.

Now that we're talking about apache 2 here, is there some chance we could include PHP as a module in apache? The apache-php-postgresql/mysql framework has been waiting for a long time in cygwin now. I remember around 2 years ago that the framework (at least with postgresql) used to be in cygwin.

There is just one problem. PHP *can* compile in cygwin but the wrong thing is compiled. (I'm trying to configure PHP as a module that will load into apache) Doing a ./configure, make, runs with no errors. However, when doing a make install, here's what crops up:

$ make install
Installing PHP SAPI module:       apache
apxs:Error: file libs/libphp4.so is not a DSO
make: *** [install-sapi] Error 1

The thing is, libs/libphp4.so does not exist but only libs/libpp4.a

I remember someone saying before that there is a problem in libtool. However, I don't quite understand how libtool works.

Here's what the make warning says:

libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin shared libraries

If anyone could help me build php4 on cygwin, I would volunteer as its maintainer.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Carlo

-- Carlo Florendo Astra Philippines Inc. www.astra.ph