Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: apache2-2.0.54-1 (and subpackages apache2-devel, apache2-manual)

Henry Katz wrote:
Max Bowsher <maxb <at> ukf.net> writes:

Apache httpd version 2.0, the popular web server, is now packaged for the Cygwin distribution, and arriving soon to a mirror near you.

Apache is compiled with --enable-mods-shared=all, so a fairly large
selection of modules is included. I will take requests for
additional modules contained within the Apache httpd distribution itself -
please ask on cygwin (at) cygwin (dot) com.

I do not, at present, have plans to package PHP or mod_perl, though I'm
happy to work with anyone wishing to do so.

I will consider packaging additional modules not within the Apache http
distribution on request, provided their build system isn't
too complicated.

I do intend to package the Subversion Apache modules soon.

Max Bowsher.

Max,

How do we incorporate additional shared objects into this such as the
subversion mod_dav_svn.so? I've had terrible luck following the cookbook
at apache (http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/dso.html) or that at
cygwin (http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html).

Subversion's a bit of a special case, since it's got an apache module produced by a complex buildsystem which does lots of other things too.
I've got it working on my system, though, and aim to be tidying it up and releasing a cygwin package soon.

I tried a shortcut
which was copying over the svn module packaged in subversion on cygwin

cygcheck -l subversion | grep dav | grep dll
/usr/bin/cygsvn_ra_dav-1-0.dll

and copying it to the modules dir as

-rwxr-x--- 1 W014786 None 85K Jun 24 14:42 /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so*

Umm. That is wrong in _so_ many ways.

You've taken a random cygwin dll that isn't even an apache module of any kind, renamed it to something totally different, and then tried to load it into a _native windows_ apache server.

Max.