Re: Problem on the re-compling of g77 for the increasing of MXUNIT in fio.h

Semih Ergintav wrote:

Hi,
Default version of gcc/g77 only allows a maximum unit number (MXUNIT) of 99. However my software requires a MXUNIT 9999. I tried to re-compile gcc/g77 after the editing the correct fÄle (gcc/lÄbf2c/lÄbI77/fÄo.h)
I have two main problem:
--The above packages have an installation shell. But, it tries to compile every different compiler (e.g. ada, d). I commented out many lines and succesfully run it (I HOPE)

It depends on the presence of the source packages if you're using the build script included with the gcc-core source package. Unless there is a bug in my script, if a specific source is present it will be extracted and compiled, if there is no source the script shouldn't try to build it, except gcc-core which is the base package and required.

-- After the re-compiling, my codes dÄdn't accept big numbers which is greater than 99.

I can help with bugs in my build script or answer general questions about building gcc, however I cannot help you with internals about g77 in fÄo.h or elsewhere. How did you define MXUNIT? I only know that it must be at least one greater than the required maximum, according to the docs: #define MXUNIT 10000

Please advice a correct solution or re-compile the g77 for me.

Basically the compilation works?

Gerrit -- =^..^=