Re: bash is crashing

Eric Blake wrote:
> According to Cary Jamison on 8/4/2005 11:07 AM:
>> Not Found: sh
>> Found: C:\cygwin\bin\tar.exe
>
> Not good.  You need /bin/sh to do lots of things in cygwin.  Rerun
> setup.exe, and that should help.  Perhaps the core dump is happening
> when something is trying to invoke /bin/sh, and not reacting nicely?
>

>> The version of cygrunsrv installed is too old to dump service info.
>> cygrunsrv            1.10-1
>
> Not your problem, but probably a bug in setup.exe, since cygrunsrv
> 1.10 is indeed new enough to dump service info.
>
>> bash                 3.0-8
>
> bash is at 3.0-11 now, in case that helps.

I was wondering what happened to my sh.  It was there before I upgraded.
Perhaps the problem was I had an old setup?

Igor's right, I was running sshd in the background when I upgraded.  I have
rebooted since then, though.

I just ran setup again (the latest version) to get 3.0-11, and made sure
everything was stopped first.  I've now got a proper sh.  I'll run my script
for a while again to see if it still has problems.

Thanks,
Cary