RE: setup.exe filename

"Have it your way" is almost always a good solution for
such interactions between random users and a program/system.

Also, I forgot to mention that "setup.exe" is a standard
Windows OPERATING SYSTEM file that is kept on the path so
is likely conflict or further confuse users....

CygwinSetup would be an improvement; adding the version number
would be another.

Then with Jason's suggestion the convenience remains in either
choice -- plus those who want it on the harddrive to be name
just "setup.exe" cannot always rename it to that...<grin>

Right there is a likely answer to the confusion and common
practice question:  Were it named anything CygWin-Specific then
NO ONE would rename it "setup.exe".

-
Herb Martin