Re: findutils vs. /proc/registry

On Aug  8 06:35, Eric Blake wrote:
> I traced this to the fact that findutils() expects open(".", O_RDONLY) to
> succeed if a directory is readable (and that is my reading of POSIX as
> well), but cygwin is failing with EISDIR.  Is there any way cygwin can be
> patched to allow open(".", O_RDONLY) to succeed?

Just so that nobody gets a wrong impression, open(".", O_RDONLY) only
fails in some deeper virtual dirs, mainly in /proc/registry, but also
in /proc/<pid>/fd.  I'll look into this one.

> And that's where where I got stuck debugging.  Since /proc/registry is
> virtual, the notion of current working directory being a virtual directory
> is lost as soon as gdb or strace is used (reverting to pwd of the last
> non-virtual directory), so under gdb,

You can revert to that behaviour by simply adding a chdir(2) call to the
application, just for debugging.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.