Re: Is there a UNIX socket test client program (a la NetCat)?

Herb Martin wrote:

> I have yet to figure out how to work it (I spent about
> an hour with it) so if you know how to get it to work
> interactively with a particular UNIX-CONNECT socket
> I would appreciate the heads up....

It probably depends on what you want to do, and the examples section of
the man page is a good place to look.  It could be as simple as:

socat - UNIX-CONNECT:/var/run/foo.sock

That should connect stdin/stdout to the socket, in the same way as
netcat.  socat really just boils down to specifying two things to
connect together, and each of those can be any of the various types and
take a myriad of options.

Brian