Re: Cygwin.dll crash, alloca and custom stack

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 04:52:16PM +1000, Bitmead, Chris wrote:

>>>Well that's a shame since sigaltstack is part of the base specification
>>>for X/Open UNIX.  If cygwin wants to become UNIX compatible it needs to
>>>implement it.
>>
>>Yes, I know.  Unless I implement this *crucial* bit of functionality it
>>is possible that the space time continuum will implode.
>
>I see, so any API that you personally have no use for should be mocked.

This is just my standard humorous reply to people who imply that
something "needs" to be done in this open source project.  We do see
people here who insist that a certain missing feature should be made
available, with the seeming implication that we'd better get off our
asses and do something about it if cygwin wants to be taken seriously,

The sarcasm meter gets set a little higher when someone tells me that I
need to do something after I've told them that I'm familiar with the
functionality.

Anyway, I think that's it for me.  I've given you enough information and
misinformation.

Good luck.

cgf