Re: Trying to build crm114 (20050721) under CygWin 1.5.18-1

Herb Martin wrote:

> ...in the thought that maybe the supposedly installed tre
> libs were not getting picked up -- no joy.  Didn't help.

It's finding the library just fine.  If you specify a -lfoo and it can't
find libfoo then you get an error about not being able to find libfoo.
But that's not the error you're getting so that's not your problem.

> Order of what specifically?  I am modifying these lines in
> the Makefile:

The order that things are specified to gcc on the link command line.
The libraries must come after the objects that reference them.

> LDFLAGS += -L/usr/local/lib
> #LIBS += -lintl -liconv
>
> I uncommented the second line and added various
> combinations of -L to the first, and -ltre to the
> second.

I have no idea how this makefile is structured and since it apparently
doesn't use autotools (uuuuggghhh!!) then you'll probably have to hack
it up.  This is precisely why using home-made Makefiles is a terrible
idea.  You need to find where the actual gcc link command is constructed
and see how the order is specified in order to figure out how to get the
libraries in the right place.

Brian