Re: Please try a snapshot - complete request

[Just getting this all in one place]

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 09:44:31PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>Let me reiterate how I'd like to play this game, all in one message this
>time.
>
>1) Please try a snapshot.
>
>2) Snapshots are at http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>
>3) Please report success or problem reports to this thread.  Include the
>date of the snapshot or, if you have a problem, *attach* the standard
>cygcheck output in your report.
>
>4) Please do not start a new thread or mention the problem in another
>unrelated message.
>
>5) For this one case, if you have a problem with Cygwin/X which is a
>regression from cygwin 1.5.18, it's ok to send the problem here.

----- Forwarded message from Eric Blake -----

Snapshot 20050823 19:00:09 is hanging on Win98 (I've been noticing this for a
week or more of previous snapshots, now, but don't know when the bug was
introduced).  Oftentimes I get a Windows popup claiming that cat has performed
an illegal operation, at which point the system is low on memory and can't spawn
any more processes, so I am forced to reboot.  This idiom is part of the
coreutils configure script.

$ cat /proc/uptime
284.85 0.00
$ cat < /proc/uptime
# no response after 10 minutes, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-D do nothing