Re: zsh: command not found => hangs

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 02:28:13PM +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>I did trace this problem an it looks like a race in Cygwin but I may be
>wrong. Here I am providing two backtraces from a debug session - the first
>one shows what happens normally and the second one shows the hang:

I appreciate that you fired up gdb to look into the problem but Cygwin
is a multi-threaded application.  You need to look at all of the threads
if you figure out a potential race.

>P.S. While looking at this I noticed that Cygwin's wait family of
>functions won't return 0 if WNOHANG is passed and no children are found
>that match the wait criteria  - JFYI.

AFAICT, Cygwin returns 0 in a WNOHANG criteria, just like linux.

If you have evidence to the contrary, a simple test case would be
helpful.

cgf