Re: Bug in tcltk's glob

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 04:22:49PM +0200, Sebastian Schuberth wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 12:25:10PM +0200, Sebastian Schuberth wrote:
>>
>>>sorry for mailing to you directly, but so far no one responded to my
>>>'1.5.18: tclsh's glob and relative paths containing ".."' mail on the
>>>Cygwin mailing list. Here's a copy:
>>
>>Please check out the project web page for links to available information
>>and ports:  http://cygwin.com/ .
>>
>>If you don't see what you need there, then the cygwin mailing list is
>>the best place to make observations or get questions answered.
>>Information on the mailing list is available at the project web page.
>>
>>For your convenience, I've reset the Reply-To: address to point to the
>>cygwin mailing list.  I've also Cc'ed this reply there.
>
>I'm sorry but I do not see how the information available on the Cygwin
>site is able to help me. There is no more recent version of tcltk
>available from the ports site than the one that ships with Cygwin, and
>that version is from 2003.

The email that you are referring to had this return address:

  cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com

and contained the following words:

"Btw, this doesn't go without saying, but please don't use the responses
from this email as an excuse to contact people directly about the
packages they maintain."

So, I don't think that you should be too surprised to receive a canned
response.

>So I tried to find out who maintains the tcltk package for Cygwin, and
>that turned out to be you (see your post on cygwin.applications). So I'd
>like to kindly ask to if you can privide a never tcltk package which
>hopefully solve the bug in glob I currently see. Here's the bug again:

FYI, the tcltk package is provided only to support the "insight" debugger.
I know nothing about tcltk so I really can't help with problems.

If you have a patch for tcltk, please send it to the insight mailing list.