Re: CTRL-C kills ALL processes, not just foreground process.

Joe Smith wrote:

> Um... even though there is only one copy of cygwin1.dll on the system, my
> background cygwin/s server causes problems every upgrade. It seems that
> setup does succeed in replacing cygwin1.dll. Bash dies with the version
> mismatch error. But as soon as I kill the x server, everything works.
>
> Unless there is something funky going on it seems the in use dll is being
> replaced.

No, it is not being replaced.  If X is running then cygwin1.dll is in
use.  Setup cannot replace in-use files, it can only schedule them to be
replaced on the next reboot which is exactly what it does -- and this is
what the "In use files were replaced, you must reboot" message means
when you're done.  You get the errors because the DLL was in use and
could not be replaced.

Brian