Re: setup.exe 2.510.2.2, 2.427 and 2.457 consistently failing, on win2000, sp4

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 10:09:44AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

Ok, I was wrong -- setup didn't print the filenames to the log, period.
The version I'm going to ask you to try, however, does.  Please post the
resulting log file in the same web location (and thanks for being
considerate).

> > >  rather than irritate the crap out of everybody by dropping a 410k file
> > >  into thousands of people's mailboxes, i've placed the log at:
> > >
> > >  	http://hands.com/~lkcl/cygwin/setup.log.full
>
> > Did you switch to Partial view to verify that you're actually
> > going to upgrade any packages?
>
>  no but i checked the list and it showed package versions: i assume this
>  means "yes i gonna install these".
>
> > If worse comes to worst, I may post a debug version of setup I compiled
> > and ask you to try it out.  It might give us some clue on what is
> > happening on your machine.
>
>  ack!
>  happy with that.

Ok, here goes.  Please use the setup at
<http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/cygwin/setup-2.513-alpha.exe>.  This version
contains a fix for the FTP problem, so ftp mirrors should work too.
Please switch to the "Partial" view this time, to find out exactly what's
going to be installed.  The log should tell us exactly which files it
tries to open.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/