make and nmake

Hi,

I'm trying to launch MS's nmake from a Makefile that was launched by make.

Here's the basic rules:

NMakefile : src.pro
    qmake -o NMakefile src.pro

dll: NMakefile
    $(shell nmake /f NMakefile)

when I run "make dll" from the prompt, the nmake command runs and works, but there
are no carriage returns in the output.  If I run the nmake command from the
prompt, it works fine.

I'm using rxvt and bash.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Background: I've got an old version of Qt that must use MSVC.  I want to
incorporate it into my make scheme.

Thanks,

Mark

--