Re: please test: coreutils-5.90-3

> 1)
> Using coreutils-5.90-3 I have observed  that the command 'cp -p' does not
> preserve the timestamp of a file:
>
> $ ls -lrt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 Administrator Administrators    418 Aug  7 18:55 t.c
>
> $ cp -p t.c t.cpp
> $ ls -lrt
> -rw-r--r-- 1 Administrator Administrators    418 Aug  7 18:55 t.c
> -rw-r--r-- 1 Administrator Administrators    418 Oct 18 19:05 t.cpp

I'll investigate.

> 2) using ls --color (coreutils 5.90-3), the name of directories that have
> all permission (drwxrwxrwx) is displayed as blue on green background (see
> two examples, images.tar.gz; the images are well displayed with
> Start/Programs/Accessories/Imaging).
>
> Is this a correct behaviour?

Yes.  Coreutils 5.91 was just released (although I haven't
packaged it yet), and it corrected an omission in the NEWS
for 5.90:

  dircolors now supports SETUID, SETGID, STICKY_OTHER_WRITABLE,
  OTHER_WRITABLE, and STICKY, with ls providing default colors for these
  categories if not specified by dircolors.

drwxrwxrws directories fall under the new OTHER_WRITABLE
category, and I bet your old /etc/.DIR_COLORS does not yet
give a color for this category, so it falls to ls's defaults, which
is green on blue.  If you want to restore old behavior, you
will have to use an edited .DIR_COLORS, and give
OTHER_WRITABLE the same string as DIR.

--
Eric Blake
volunteer cygwin coreutils maintainer