Re: Running Win32 apps in program files from a script

> * zzapper (2005-10-19 14:21 +0100)
> > What ever I did, my script/app got upset by the spaces  in  path 'program
> files' etc
> >
> > I ended up using a mount
> >
> > c:\program files\SQLyog Enterprise on /sqlyog type system (binmode)
> >
> > Then could use
> >
> > /sqlyog/sja.exe
> >
> > That works just fine. Was that the best way?
>
> quotes

Both symlinks and mount points can be used to create an
alternate spelling that does not have spaces; mount points
are slightly more efficient in that it doesn't have to open a
.lnk file to see where the link points to, but is based on
pure textual prefix matching.  However, both of those
methods, while commonly used (and quite useful), mask
the underlying problem that your use of quoting in the shell
is not correct.  You should provide examples of what you
tried, and how if failed, if you expect us to help show you
where your quoting was incorrect.  You may also want
to check out cygpath.

--
Eric Blake