Re: VIM - Vi IMproved 6.4 (2005 Oct 15, compiled Oct 17 2005 11:54:34

On Oct 20 14:16, Shankar Unni wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 04:15:34PM +0200, Christoph Jeksa wrote:
>
> >>Supposed, you have a file X.sh ( exactly in this spelling ).  If you
> >>enter:
> >>
> >>vim x.sh ( also exactly in this spelling )
> >>
> >>and write it back after any modification, the file will be renamed even
> >>to x.sh.
>
> >This isn't a vim problem.  Windows filename handling is case-insensitive.
>
> But I think it's worth mentioning that 6.3 doesn't do this (change the
> case of the name when writing back). It overwrites the old file when
> writing back, thus preserving its case.

No, it doesn't.  I just tried it in 6.3 and this behaviour is the same
as in 6.4.  There is special code in the native Windows port which tests
explicitely for the case of the filename, but that's not in the UNIX
code which is used for Cygwin.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.