RE: 1.5.12 ssh hangs on some machines when stdout has content

David Corbin wrote:
> I have found that ssh hangs semi-consistently, when it's stdout is piped
> to another process.
>
> I say semi-consistently, because it's not happening on all of our
> machines, but it is consistent for any of the problem machines.
> Furthermore, the command must actually produce output to standard out.
> The remote command is actually finishing, and as a far as I can tell, is
> terminating cleanly and correctly.
>
> Here is an easy way to reproduce it:
>
> ssh user@remote-host ls -a | wc -l

  WJFFM.

> This has my very baffled, and concerned.  Any help appreciated.

  1.5.12 is quite old.  Try upgrading or even have a go with the current
development snapshot (http://cygwin.com/snapshots) - it's in a testing cycle
at the moment and it would be helpful to know if your problem is fixed (see
also http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/msg01020.html)

    cheers,
      DaveK