Re: Hang with 20051018 (3rd version) snapshot while building OOo

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 11:18:24AM -0500, Volker Quetschke wrote:
>(snip)
>>>
>>>Here is the new strace: <http://www.scytek.de/tc5_20051104.tar.bz2>
>>
>> That one showed that cygwin was hanging in a windows function that
>> shouldn't really hang.  I can't explain why but the new snapshot avoids
>> calling that function so much.
>>
>> Please give it a try.  If it still hangs an strace will, as always, be
>> interesting.
>Unfortunately it still does hang. See here:
><http://www.scytek.de/tc6_20051106.tar.bz2> for details.

It's still hanging in a multimedia timer call, which is "interesting".

The latest snapshot comments out the part of the code which sets the
timer resolution, on the off chance that setting it to 1ms is what is
causing the problem.

It's a long shot but please try out the latest snapshot.

Have you ever mentioned what kind of system this is, btw?  Is it hyperthreaded,
SMP, what clock speed, how much memory...?

cgf