Re: Tasking not implemented on this configuration - again

Peter W Meyer wrote:
> I am also trying to run tasking using GCC-Ada and cygwin and I'm getting
> the Tasking not implemented message. I took a look at the emails regarding
> this and the responses.
> > I went back to Cygwin setup to see what I had installed already and found
> that I already had the Mingw run-time, the Ada compiler and the Ada core
> components. The version numbers match the ones from the previous messages.
> I have GCC-Ada 3.4.4-1, GCC-Ada Core 3.4.4-1, W32API 3.3-1, and
> Minw-runtime 3.8-1. I installed these using Cygwin
> > Is there something else I need? Are the files from Mingw.org different
> from those at Cygwin?

Yes, the Mingw.org is a native Windows version of GCC, the Cygwin
version is linked against cygwin1.dll.

I'll try to figure out if it is possible to enable Ada tasking without
regressions.

It would be great if it can be done easily. In addition, I will tip my hat for your effort.

:) If you wish to tip Gerrit's hat instead, you can do so at http://cygwin.com/donations.html

Sorry for the late responce.
I downloaded the 4 zip files from Mingw.org and extracted them to my cygwin file replacing all. This didn't seem to do anything. Is there something I missed after I extract the files?

Thanks for the help
Craig Sorensen