Re: Folder ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.sunsite.utk.edu%2fpub%2fcygwin remains after install

Van Snyder wrote:

> 1.  Must this folder be kept?  It appears to consist entirely of tar
> files (plus Setup.ini)?

No.

> 2.  If it must be kept, must it be kept on the desktop?

No, it can be placed anywhere.  The location is specified in setup.exe
on the third step when prompted for "Local Package Directory."

> 3.  If it need not be kept, it would be useful if the installer offered
> an option to delete it.

Most users find that keeping the local package directory is helpful
because you do not need to redownload them again when later
(re)installing.

> 4.  If it needs to be kept, but need not be kept on the desktop, it
> would be useful if the installer offered an option to put it somewhere
> else.

Select any desired directory for the above step.

> 5.  I couldn't find anything about it in the mailing list archives or
> FAQ.  I did a Google search, which turned up two 404 pages.  If all else

There is a section in the users guide:
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html#id4740760>

Brian