Re: open() giving ENOENT when trying to create files with control chars

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> On Dec  4 09:29, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
..snip..

> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;117258
> > is interesting...
>
> This is certainly interesting.  Using this in Cygwin would require to
> change the path handling to using UNICODE, though, which is a major
> undertaking since the path handling throughout Cygwin is plain ASCII
> right now.

Uh, don't forget this is the NTFS API and not the Windows API.
If you want to go down this route you may as well add case sensitive file names
too...
For compatibilty with Windows (not to mention FAT file systems) I wouldn't go
anywhere near this, but YMMV.

Bill