Re: sshd crahes; ssh instal fails

I installed sshd using sshd-host-config. I did no give any options to the script.
when it ran it asked about a creating an unprivileged sshd. I tried both the options creating unprivileged sshd and without creating one.

when try starting the sshd using "net start sshd" , it teports that the service failed to repsond in time and failed to start. when I check it under services sshd says "starting", ie looks like it crashed/hung there.

i am also attaching the cygcheck.out

thanx
n Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 12:46:34PM -0500, H.S. wrote:
>kumarchi wrote:
>>I just installed Cygwin on two Windows XP machines in the last four
>>days and got sshd and rsync daemon working.  To get an idea of how to
>>solve your problem you must describe what you did: 1.  How did you
>>install sshd?  2.  What options did you give to ssh-host-config?  3.
>>What error messages do you get when you try to start the service?
>
>What is value of CYGWIN environment variable that you set during
>ssh-host-config?  And what is in your /cygwin.bat file?

How about if we use the problem reporting guidelines laid out at:

http://cygwin.com/problems.html ?

In particular, please send the output of cygcheck *as an attachment* here.

cgf