Re: ssh fails, missing cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Swallow, Harold wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Swallow, Harold wrote:
> >

> > > Unable to run ssh due to missing dll.
> > >
> > >   cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll
> > >
> > > I ran the setup.exe many times to pick up that dll . It's missing
> > > in action.
> > > Suggestions are welcome?
> > >

> > Please read and follow the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at
> > <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.  In particular, please attach the
> > output of "cygcheck -svr" as an uncompressed text attachment.  Without
> > this information, we can only guess at what's wrong with your system.
> >
> > One WAG: the latest ssh should depend on cygcrypto-0.9.8.dll -- did you
> > have sshd running while you upgraded?  Did setup inform you that in-use
> > files were replaced?  Did you reboot as setup told you?
> > 	Igor
>
> I am running Windows XP.
> Downloads failed from several mirror sites.
> sshd was not running during install.
>
> ssh was initially missing I loaded an ssh from another site.

Ok, here's your culprit.  Please contact "another site" for the support of
their ssh package.  According to your cygcheck, you don't even have
openssh installed.  Alternatively, remove the third-party ssh and install
the official Cygwin openssh package.

> I attempted to remove cygwin package to start over but cgywin was
> in the Windows Add/Remove utility listing.

Yes, Cygwin is installed/uninstalled using the setup utility.

> It is true that I failed to reboot one several attempts.
>
> Perhaps I should start over.  How can I flush cgywin out to start
> over.

See <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.uninstall-all>.  But
you don't really need to remove all of Cygwin, just the third-party ssh
package.

> Below is the information that you requested.
>
> Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
> [snip inline cygcheck output]

That was not an attachment.  In the future, please provide the cygcheck
output as an attachment to avoid adding spurious search matches to list
archives.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/