RE: Where is patch?

René Berber wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
> [snip]
>>   And I imagine both of you have testcases available to prove your
>> respective claims..... ?
>
> Test case attached.
>
> The files are part of mailman, I just included a shortened patch file and
> the
> file to be patched.  The test procedure (with the output I get):

  I also can't reproduce any problem:

dk@espanola /test/patch> ls
copyof-mailman-2.1.6.tar.bz2  indexing-2.1.6-0.1.patch
dk@espanola /test/patch> tar xvjf copyof-mailman-2.1.6.tar.bz2
mailman-2.1.6/
mailman-2.1.6/templates/
mailman-2.1.6/templates/da/
mailman-2.1.6/templates/da/archidxfoot.html
dk@espanola /test/patch> patch --version
patch 2.5.8
Copyright (C) 1988 Larry Wall

This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of this program
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

written by Larry Wall and Paul Eggert
dk@espanola /test/patch> cd mailman-2.1.6/
dk@espanola /test/patch/mailman-2.1.6> patch -p1 < ../indexing-2.1.6-0.1.patch
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file templates/da/archidxfoot.html
dk@espanola /test/patch/mailman-2.1.6>

    cheers,
      DaveK